Tuesday 19 December 2017

Paul Tudor Jones Quotes



Paul Tudor Jones is one of the most well-known modern traders whose fortune has been estimated to be around $4,7 billion. One of Jones’ major successes in trading was predicting the Black Monday in 1987 and opening large short positions. Here are some of his insightful quotes about trading:

“I'm always thinking about losing money as opposed to making money. Don't focus on making money, focus on protecting what you have.”

“If I have positions going against me, I get right out; if they are going for me, I keep them. Risk control is the most important thing in trading. If you have a losing position that is making you uncomfortable, the solution is very simple: Get out, because you can always get back in.”

“Don't be a hero. Don't have an ego.”

“The secret to being successful from a trading perspective is to have an indefatigable and an undying and unquenchable thirst for information and knowledge.”

“Trading gives you an incredibly intense feeling of what life is all about.”

2 comments: