Wednesday 20 September 2017

Quoting George Soros



When one mentions famous and influential traders the first person that comes to everyone’s mind, including people who aren’t traders, is usually the one and only George Soros. Everyone wants to know about him, everyone has an opinion about him, but the most interesting part is how this remarkable man thinks – about himself, about trading, about the market, and about others. He are some quotes by the man himself that could provide some insight about all that:

"I was a human being before I became a businessman."

"Whenever there is a conflict between universal principles and self-interest, self-interest is likely to prevail."

"A global economy is characterized not only by the free movement of goods and services but, more important, by the free movement of ideas and of capital."

"The hardest thing to judge is what level of risk is safe."

"Unfortunately, the more complex the system, the greater the room for error."

"I do not have a strong enough case to fight the trend.”

"I must take care not to compound my error by reacting emotionally. I must adapt to changing circumstances."

"To others, being wrong is a source of shame; to me, recognizing my mistakes is a source of pride"

3 comments: